Monday, January 21, 2008

vegetarian glucoamine and chondroitin?

I received this email this morning from a potential customer:

I have been recommended by my physio to take Glucosamine and Chondroitin(?). Your site was recommended by a friend but on looking cannot find Chondroitin. Can you please advise me. It needs to be vegetarian too.

Here's my reply:

you are quite right we don't sell chondroitin on the site.

As far as I know it's never vegetarian ( extracted from cow, pig, shark, fish and bird cartilage) so for that reason we don't sell it. Not all glucosamine is Ok either as often it comes from shellfish but ours is OK for us veggies. I have been a veggie (apart from a minor lapse of about two weeks) for about 30 years and am a member of the Vegetarian Society so I look very carefully at anything I'm thinking of selling.