Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Reflexology

I've been adding case studies in the 'symptoms' section of Health & Goodness:

http://www.healthandgoodness.com/symptoms/index.htm

Here's a remarkable case study from Hannah Shine, a reflexologist in Bishops Stortford, Herts, UK:

Angelika came to see me with severe earache in her left ear and a high temperature. I decided to give her a reflexology treatment.While doing the ear reflex by the little toe, I felt what can only be described as a "grain of rice" under that reflex. It was very painful.I worked on it and she went home. I got an email 2 days later headed "weird stuff"..... Angelika explained that she forgot to tell me that 3 weeks ago she went to get some new contact lens. The optician put the lenses into her eyes; she decided she did not like them and he removed them using a suction pad. He found that he had only half a lens from her left eye in his suction pad and looked on the floor, couldn't find it, looked in her eye and couldn't find it and presumed it was lost somewhere on the floor. Angelika went home and her eye felt very uncomfortable. She went back and he still could find nothing. She went to the Eye Unit at the hospital and they could not find anything in her eye on examination....Angelika was emailing me to say that 2 days after the reflexology treatment she woke up, rubbed her eye, and lo and behold, half a contact lens was in her hand!! I asked her to check her foot and tell me whether the "grain of rice" lump under her little toe was still there and she checked and said it had gone!!! At the same time, her earache also was cured.So, although there is no physical link between the eye and the ear, somehow a reflexology treatment released the offending contact lens to be expelled by the body.

What an impressive case study!