Wednesday, November 04, 2009

help For Internal Scarring

I received this email query today:
I wonder if you can offer me any advice.  My dad has recently finished chemotherapy and radiotherapy for pancreatic cancer.  Fortunately it was caught early for this sort of cancer and he is doing extremely well.  However, he has internal pains when he turns - especially in bed and after a large meal.  He has been told that is normal and is the result of scar tissue around the internal area blasted with radiotherapy as scar tissue is less stretchy/ flexible etc than normal tissue.

So, is there anything you could recommend to ease this?  I wonder if there's any product that he could take to improve the stretch or condition of internal scar tissue?
This was my reply:
Sorry to hear about your dad. I’d recommend zinc  and vitamin E. It’s not a quick cure though and he might not see nay improvement for a month, but well worth doing. People are often short of zinc anyway and it helps fight infections etc. etc.