Friday, December 06, 2013

When Family/Friends Don’t Help

If you want to lose weight, your family/friends may not be helpful. This may because they know they need to lose weight too, but don't want to. So they may try to sabotage you by tempting you with food they know you like.

If you're in this situation, plan your responses to common sabotage tactics from family members. For example, if a family member is often tempting you with unhealthy food, try these responses: “Thanks, but I just ate” or “It looks delicious, but I will pass”. If they are persistent, you can say “I’m trying to do something good for myself. Please support me in this.”

For more support and ideas check out this web site - it's aimed at kids and teens, but has resources for anyone who wants to get rid of those pounds: www.weigh2rock.com