Thursday, December 01, 2005

Good News & Happiness

I'm about to add a page (that will hopefully get very long) to my web site http://www.healthandgoodness.com for 'Good News'.

There's an awful lot of bad news out there, and while it's important o be aware of it and strive to improve things, we need to focus on what's good. I realise that 'good news' is a difficult term to define - I'm pleased that McDonalds is beginning to struggle, but if you've got shares in McDonalds you won't consider this good news, but I think there are some things that most sane people can agree on.

Here's some good news about smoking to start us off:

28% of men and 26% of women were cigarette smokers in 2001, which is very different from the early 1970’s when around 50% of men and 40% of women smoked.

Any good news - it can be personal random acts of kindness you've received or global improvements?