Saturday, February 25, 2006

using our skills and knowledge

I'm receiving lots of emails praising the new therapist listing, which is really gratifying.

I got this today from a therapist:

"I am grateful to be included in this Listing and I must congratulate you on an excellent and high quality Website. I have recently been accused of treating my skills as a hobby, and told in no uncertain terms that I am depriving people of valuable help by not promoting/marketing myself properly. I admit that is true, but until now I have not felt it the right time to go 'big time'. Now I know that it is time to get out there and do a lot more."

I hope and believe that getting an email from me about the therapist listing was part of what has led to this change of feeling. I hope so.

I absolutely agree with the idea that it is important to use our skills and knowledge to benefit others. This can be a way of helping insecure practitioners to get out there and publicise themselves more because this thought focuses on what you are depriving others of rather than how you feel yourself.