Saturday, October 28, 2006

Core strength and your abs

I've never had a flat tum, but I'm now beginning to think I can get one that is a lot more toned which considering I'm 59 feels like a great way to be going. I have been using the Global Health & Fitness program I talked about in an earlier blog and already I can see and feel the results. My tummy is definitely more toned and I can feel the increased strength in my core muscles.

I've just posted an article on Sport & Me on the latest thinking about getting a toned tummy and in it Ainsley Laing talks about the importance of strengthening core muscles and the pelvic floor muscles in order to get a flat tummy or a six pack as the fellas like to call it.

Core muscle strength is really important for all of us, and not just from a vanity perspective. It helps to protect our backs and make every day activities easier and safer.