Saturday, October 21, 2006

safety of eating meat

I am a long term vegetarian. Becoming a vegetarian for the first time over 45 years ago when I was about 12 years old. My family thought I was crazy and that I would get ill, so eventually I started eating meat again. I became a vegetarian again in my 2o's and feel that is the way we should go. I do not believe we need to eat animals to be healthy.

So I was pleased to come across the web site of the Physicians Committee For Responsible Diet. It is a nont-for-profit organisation working for preventive medicine and high ethical standards.

I have included one of their articles on the safety of eating meat on my web site Health & Goodness.

I am a vegetarian for ethical reasons - I don't think we should or need to kill animals, but this article also gives detailed selfish reasons why meat eating is a bad thing.

I hope you'll read it - particularly if you eat meat.

If you want alternatives, our vegetarian and vegan recipe section is expanding.