Friday, October 27, 2006

HRT & Hearing Problems

I recently posted an article on My Therapy Practice about HRT affecting hearing. Shortly afterwards I received this email:

Hi Jane, thanks for the article - HRT could damage hearing - at last someone has acknowledged this! I took HRT for 2 months 6 years ago when I was suffering badly with hot flushes and night sweats, it was so bad my whole life was affected, so reluctantly I tried HRT. Within 6 weeks I had lost 50% of my hearing, it was very very frightening and I felt very isolated because suddently I couldn't hear people talking in the same room. I knew it had to be something to do with HRT because nothing else had changed, but I have never been able to get anyone to admit it, and in fact my doctor more or less told me I was imagining it !! I have never regained my hearing and it has made a huge difference to my life because I have lost a great deal of my self confidence because I can't hear properly and join in conversations. Be warned other menopausal women!.Julie Smitherman

I have found the best support for the menopause isn't HRT but is Neways Wild Yam & Chaste Berry Cream. Plus, of course, it's important to have a healthy diet,take exercise and find lots of things to get engrossed in and feel enthusiastic about.