Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Choose How You Are

I regularly get an email newsletter from Robert Middleton. He writes well - here's a piece out of his latest ezine that I particularly liked:


This Monday morning I woke up with a huge pile of things on my
plate. Not only did I have the eZine to write, but my in-progress
projects include writing an online marketing software program,
gearing up for my next Certification Program, giving feedback to
my Marketing Coaches and creating a big fundraising event for a
non-profit organization (Room to Read).

What I noticed, before even getting out of bed, was that I was
gearing up to BE overwhelmed. I also remembered that when I'm
overwhelmed, I either start procrastinating, stuck in not knowing
what to do first, or I go into "stressed-out panic mode."
I also remembered that both of these options were not very
effective in handling overwhelm. So I asked myself, "If I couldn't
be overwhelmed, who would I be?" The answer came quickly: "I'd
be calm, focused and fearless."

I clearly saw that if I was calm, focused and fearless, I'd look at all
the things I had on my plate, do a little planning and prioritizing
and then do one thing at a time. And then I asked myself, "Who
am I going to choose to Be? Overwhelmed, or calm, focused and
fearless?"


By Robert Middleton of Action Plan Marketing. Please visit
Robert's web site at www.actionplan.com for additional
marketing articles and resources on marketing for professional
service businesses.