Friday, December 14, 2007

I'm sending myself junk mail!!

Over the last few days a lot of emails to me have been put automatically in the Junk folder. I couldn’t understand why this was suddenly happening to emails from friends and colleagues. Eventually the penny dropped – all the emails put in the junk folder like this were replies to emails from me and I’d changed my email signature to this:

Want to lose weight? Need some help? Try our weight loss nutritional supplement - 60 day money back guarantee even if you've emptied the pot!

I’ve changed my email signature back to what it was previously, and now my messages act like they did before. I can only think that my anti-spam software was bothered by the terms ‘weight loss’ and ‘lose weight’.

It’s sad really, because it indicates just how many rubbish offers there are out there, how many charlatans take advantage of people’s desire to lose weight.

It’s also sad because it means that people like me who have genuine offers that work can’t get them out to the people who could benefit from them.
This weight loss supplement works really well – I had someone recently say she’s lost over 20 lbs since she’s been taking the capsules (about 2 months) and she’s not even taking the full dose every day.