Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Perimenopause Symptoms And Treatment

I received this email today:

"Which products would you recomment for what I think is perimenopause.
I am feed up of feeling so awfull, I assumed as I still have periods though not regularly (three to four months gaps), I had to suffer this until the real menopause. However now the hot flushes have started too, I am wondering if all the other symptoms I had also relate to what I am told is perimenopause (listless, irritability, depressed, etc)"

and this is my reply:


Sorry you're feeling so grim. Unfortunately many women (and doctors) seem to believe that it's inevitable that they feel bad during and leading up to the menopause. I'm glad you don't.

Personally I found Neways wild yam and chaste berry cream great as I approached the menopause. Sage tablets are particularly helpful for hot flushes.

For the irritability and depression etc. I suggest you try vitamin B complex - we sell this in our shop too.

Alternatively (or as well) you could try the Bush Flower Essence Woman - that's in the Woman's section of our site too.

It's important at this time also to take care of yourself, eat well, drink lots of water, pamper yourself and go easy on yourself. Hope this info helps.