Saturday, December 15, 2007

Magnets On Clothes

As many of you know I'm a keen cyclist, and it is time to buy a new waterproof cycling jacket - my old one is letting in water big time. I liked the look of the Cannondale Morphis Shell Ladies Jacket, particularly the fact that you could get it in lime - one of my favourite colours.

But when i read the details about it, it said this:

Sleeves detach as one piece! Just 2 quick zips and it morphs into a vest—and then back to a jacket, secured in place by magnets
Great to have this level of versatility ('vest' in UK English is a gilet - oh, that's French, what a funny world we live in), but magnets are not like zips and buttons. Magnets can do things to the body that is under them. That's why people wear magnetic bracelets or go for magnet therapy. These are healing applications, but magnets used inappropraitely can cause health problems.

So sadly much as I liked this jacket, I'm not buying it. I think I'm going for the Gore alpine ladies waterproof jacket instead.